We are surviving, and dare I say, thriving. I might kick myself later for saying this but I think Cora falls into the "easy baby" category. She sleeps a lot and pretty much only cries when she's hungry or wants to be cuddled. Our only real concern with her was that she was sleeping so much at the hospital that she lost 10% of her body weight. She just wouldn't stay awake long enough to eat enough. Since we left the hospital, she's had two weight checks and she's now up past her birth weight, so thankfully there are no worries there.
While I would say that she is an "easy baby" I wouldn't necessarily say that we've had a simple transition to a family of four. I had heard horror stories about angelic toddlers turning into little devils overnight and I tried braced myself for the worst. It certainly hasn't been nearly that bad. Granted there are more tantrums these days but it is hard to completely attribute that to the new baby in the house. He did just turn two--some of this has to be just regular old "terrible twos" stuff.
It has been tremendous to have Bob around to help out (especially with Reed whose need for attention seems to be growing). Tomorrow he starts his first day of his summer classes. The two classes will be finished in two weeks and my parents are coming back to stay next week to help me out. That's just three days for me to go it alone with the two kids. I feel really lucky that I have so much help "easing" me into parenting two children and getting anything else done (cooking, cleaning, etc.)
Enough rambling from me. Anyway, I wanted to include a photo of Cora with her eyes open, but we just don't have many since she's such a sleepy head. Here's the best I could do for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment